Hughes Mathews, P.A. focuses on the legal concerns of businesses, organizations, and individuals. We are committed to the success of our clients.
We are proud to represent our clients and appreciate growing with them as they meet challenge and opportunity. Our attorneys have diverse backgrounds and more than 100 years of combined experience, which we use collaboratively to serve our clients in a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Business law: We provide a full-service business law practice, including assistance with business formations, contracts, business and commercial litigation, employment law matters, intellectual property, real estate transactions, creation and operation of nonprofit/tax-exempt organizations, business transactions, and other matters impacting the success of small and large businesses.
- Healthcare law: We represent hospitals, healthcare clinics, physician practices, dental practices, health systems, and other healthcare service providers. Our attorneys provide a full array of legal services, including assistance with formation, acquisition, and organization of professional practices and healthcare facilities, employment contracts and employee issues, regulatory compliance, bond financing, real estate transactions, medical staff issues, healthcare litigation, IP issues, patient bills and collections, medical equipment purchases, and other healthcare law matters.
- Real estate law: We provide assistance with commercial, residential, rural, and agricultural real estate transactions, financing, land use and zoning, development and subdivision, boundary disputes and other real estate litigation, leases, eminent domain (public taking of land), financing, and other real estate matters.
- Civil litigation: Our experienced trial lawyers represent clients in a wide range of litigation, including business disputes, contract disputes, other business and commercial litigation, healthcare litigation, real estate litigation, employment law, bankruptcy litigation, construction litigation, and estate and probate litigation.
- Employment law: We provide a full range of legal services for employers. We assist clients with employment contracts, employee discipline and termination, workplace policies, defense of lawsuits in state and federal courts, severance agreements, wage and hours issues, employee leave issues, noncompete agreements, employee handbooks, and other employment law matters.
- Intellectual property: We help clients secure and protect their IP rights concerning trademarks, trade secrets, and trade practice. Whether you require assistance with a trademark application, defense of a misappropriation claim, or prosecution of an IP claim, we can help.
- Construction law: We draft and review construction contracts, assist clients with mechanic's liens, and have extensive experience in a wide range of construction litigation, including construction defect claims.
- Estate planning: Many of our business clients come to us for sophisticated estate planning services with the goals of estate tax minimization, wealth transfer, and asset protection. Trusts, family business entities, business succession planning, and gift tax planning are just some of the services we provide to help our clients with their estate objectives.
- Probate and estate administration: We guide clients through the complex probate process. We also assist clients with trust administration, conservatorships, will contests, and other probate and estate matters.
Let us put our experience to work for you. We are committed to providing quality legal representation and superior service to each of our clients.
Contact Our St. Cloud Business and Commercial Law Attorneys
From our office in St. Cloud, we serve clients throughout central Minnesota. To schedule a consultation with an experienced St. Cloud lawyer at Hughes Mathews, call 320-200-1206 or contact us by email.